As Boston Acupuncturist Our Mission is to provide caring & high quality effective care to maintain your health & well-being.
- We will treat you holistically, not just your disease or ailment. We recognize that your well-being depends on the interplay of your whole system, the physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- We provide individualized treatments based on your unique constitution, patterns, and lifestyle.
- We treat not only the symptoms but the root cause of your illness or disorder.
- We provide acupuncture (body/ auricular), herbal medicine, moxibustion, cupping, GuaSha, nutritional therapy, nutritional supplement, and therapeutic exercises for your optimal health.
To prescribe premium-quality Chinese herbs that have been tested in labs and used over the centuries in Traditional Oriental Medicine.
- We select and prepare herbs for you based on your unique qualities.
- We use preservative-free, laboratory-tested Chinese herbs, granules/powders, and pills that are grown on GAP (Good Agricultural Practice)-approved farms and processed at GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certified plants. Our herb must pass stringent testing for pesticides, heavy metals, and micro-bacteria. We are vigilant about quality assurance as this is an important part of our mission to provide quality care.
- We prepare herbal medicine in several convenient forms based on your condition and your personal preference – we offer bulk herbs, cooked and auto-packaged decoctions, extract powders, and pills.
To prevent diseases and improve health conditions in our community.
A proverb of the East: “Preventing disease is wiser than treating it.” Or as Westerners say: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” By providing free seminars on various health topics and affordable acupuncture treatment for smoking cessation, we hope we can help improve health conditions in our community
Mikyung Park | MAOM, Lic.Ac., Dipl. OM
Licensed Acupuncturist, National Board Certified Herbalist
Mikyung Park is a licensed Boston Acupuncturist, she has earned her Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture (NESA) in Newton, Massachusetts, where she focused on traditional Chinese-style acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. Additionally, she studied Dr. Tan’s “Balance Method” and Advanced Acupuncture Techniques with Dr. Cheng Xiao Ming.
In her post-graduate studies, Mikyung completed intensive advanced herbal training with herbalist Yan Ping Jin, a certified Chinese herbalist and instructor at NESA and the master herbalist Dr. Tao Xie in Boston. Mikyung Park also completed a certification training course, “Acupuncture for the Cancer Patient”, at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York. She completed International Study of Oriental Medicine Program in Seoul, Korea, at Kyung Hee University Oriental Medicine Hospital and East–West Neo Medical Center Kyung Hee University.
Mikyung started her journey to human body and health when she entered the Armed Forces Nursing Academy, where she received her Bachelor of Science in nursing degree in 1988. Since then she has worked in various hospital setting from community hospital to general hospital and expanded her knowledge and clinical skills as well as perspective to understand human beings. She is also a licensed physical therapist in Korea and worked with patients having a wide variety of health conditions from simple musculoskeletal injuries to spinal cord injury or head trauma.
In addition to her private practice in Brighton, MA, Mikyung works with doctors, physical/occupational therapists, dietitians, and other multidisciplinary members at the community hospital in Cambridge, MA.